Friday, July 13, 2012

GRAVEYARD DIRT "For Grace or Damnation"




GRAVEYARD DIRT (Ireland)
"For Grace or Damnation"
Ashen Productions, 2010

A couple of months ago I got this album of Graveyard Dirt thinking that was gonna be another Doom metal release and nothing out of the ordinary. While listening the album I started to detect really interesting stuff along the record. Is not really an original style of this guys but its definetly well played and composed, this album has a very clean production like many many records has nowdays but it has a very 90's vibe of a few bands that are and was the masters back and today.

You can hear clear influences of My Dying Bride and old Anathema, even the vocals reminded me the feeling of Katatonia's "Dance of December Souls" with some Candlemass too, sometimes trying to find their own stlye which I thnk is good, they will have to work more on that particular area.


Interesting songs are "A New Day Fire", and my favorite song of the entire album "Enslaved by Grief" begins with this smooth delayed guitar that its simply amazing.


The album has 8 songs and its around 1 hour of music, the album its so great that you barely notice that its long. Another impressive fact at least to me its to know that this great band its from Ireland, personally I dont know many bands from there. Great release if your taste is into the old Doom Metal school of the 90's....I miss the old days.

Points: 4 of 5