Wednesday, June 25, 2014

SKOGEN "I Döden"




SKOGEN
"I Döden"
Nordvis Produktion


The New piece of art from Swedish Black Metal act Skogen called "I Döden" came out some months ago and to be honest i didn't know much about them until i got hocked completely with this new great release. "I Döden" its almost a masterpiece, or probably it is, maybe its just i am very demanding when it comes to bands i don't know much about. 

If you have not heard them i can tell you that they are not doing something new or out of the ordinary into the realms of atmospheric black metal. They have pretty much a Norwegian sound so stuff like old Ulver and old Satyricon (mostly) comes to my mind when i hear "I Döden". Clean and at the same time raw production, well played all over the album, specially the acoustic guitar passages, just fantastic! Vocals are middle guttural i could say with some clean chorus.

Interesting fact is that some members of Death Metal band Entrails play here. An excellent Swedish Black Metal release of 2014 and believe me, its hard to find these days in Sweden. 
Tracks like "Solarvore"and "Griftenatt" some of the best of the album.

Points: 4.5 of 5

Listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sog1bTY8GEo